Welcome back! I know I haven’t posted in a while and I am sorry for that. I had finals and I had to move, so I have been very preoccupied. In my absence, I have been working on new recipes. I normally wouldn’t be comfortable making something like vegan pancakes, but I stepped outside of my comfort zone. Here is my recipe, please enjoy.
- 1 Cup of rolled oats.
- ½ Non-dairy milk.
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut sugar or any sweetener.
- 1 mashed banana.
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla.
- 2 Tablespoons of vegetable or coconut oil (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of baking powder.
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed.
- Pinch of salt.
- Maple Syrup
- Almond butter or peanut butter (optional).
- In a blender or food processor, blitz the rolled oats until a powder forms.
- To make the batter: mix together the oat flour, cinnamon, flax seed, baking powder, salt, sugar, oil, vanilla, banana, and non-dairy milk. The batter should be slightly runny. If the batter is too thick, add in a small amount of water.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Pour a spoonful of batter onto the skillet and flip once when bubbles form. Each pancake should be a golden brown color and fluffy on the inside.
- When I made this, I didn’t have baking powder. I used a flax egg to make the pancakes rise instead. To do this, mix one tablespoon of flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Cinnamon, ground flax seed, and vanilla are optional.
- The toppings can be whatever you want. Healthier toppings are fruit and jams. Butter and syrups are more indulgent toppings.
- You don’t have to use oat flour, you can use all-purpose or any other type.
Thanks for reading! Tell me your favorite junk food in the comments.
~ All photos taken by me.
Social Media ♥
Check out these other posts!