I know this isn’t beauty related, but writing is an important part of my life and it is good for the soul. Here is a list of benefits you gain when you take the time to journal.
- Your Writing Skills Improve
- Practice makes perfect. Ideally, writing more means that you will improve your ability over time. Journaling can ultimately help you with that term paper you have been struggling with or that cover letter you need to work on.
- It is Therapeutic/Relaxing
- If there is something weighing on your mind, then it might help to write it down. Writing down your thoughts and frustrations can really help you calm down and it can be a cathartic experience.
- Great Alternative to Social Media
- I know that at times I feel like I need to get away from everything, especially social media. Journaling is a good way to disconnect for a while and it helps that you don’t even have to leave your bed.
- Can Help You Get Over a Break-Up
- Whether you just can’t seem to get over that one girl/guy or that special someone hasn’t called you back, writing about it can put things into perspective and aid you in moving on. You don’t need to keep all of your emotions bottled up but at the same time you shouldn’t lash out, the solution: journal about it. Writing down everything that bothered you about the person or situation can give you closure.
- You Will Look Cool at Coffee Shops
- This is a silly one. Writing in public places makes you look sophisticated and intelligent and it can also be a conversation starter.