When you think of Valentine’s Day, you don’t necessarily think of oatmeal. Hear me out though. This is probably the best oatmeal recipe I have created. It is chocolaty and sweet. The colors of this recipe represent love, in my opinion. I think if you’re vegan, then you would enjoy this for breakfast on Valentine’s Day. Maybe even drop a “subtle” hint to your significant other.
This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make and the ingredients are fairly simple.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED…
- ½ cup rolled or quick cook oats.
- 1 cup of cashew/almond milk.
- ¼- ½ zucchini (optional).
- 1 cup + of frozen raspberries.
- 2 bananas.
- 1-2 Tbsp. of cocoa powder.
- 1 Tbsp. of flax seed.
- 1 Tbsp. of maple syrup.
- 1 Tbsp. of peanut butter.
- Shred the zucchini and mash 1 banana. Add these into a saucepan. Then, add in the almond milk. Use medium-high heat. Once the almond milk is boiling add in the oats and cook according to the container instructions (5-10 minutes).
- Add in half of the frozen raspberries into the mixture and stir frequently.
- Once the oats are soft, add in flax seed and cocoa powder (turn the heat to low). Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Top with peanut butter, maple syrup, the remaining raspberries, and a sliced banana.
- If you don’t have a plant-based milk, you can also use water.
- If you are avoiding fat, you can substitute the peanut butter for PB2 or PBFit powder.
- To make it extra sweet, you can add in coconut sugar and dairy free chocolate chips.
- You don’t have to use the same toppings as me, feel free to add your favorites
If you aren’t a fan of oatmeal, but you still want a chocolaty Valentine’s Day breakfast then I suggest making chocolate banana nice cream. You would just blend together a few frozen bananas with a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Then, add similar toppings. Thanks for reading! Let me know what your favorite breakfast is in the comments.
Check out these other posts!