Welcome back to my second post in my vegan advice series! I am addressing fruit today. I cringe when I hear “diet experts” say that you should only eat fruit in moderation. Or that certain fruits are unhealthy because of their glycemic index. As a vegan, these statements just make me laugh. I eat tons of fruit as do a lot of people and I have never had negative experiences from it. If anything eating large amounts of fruit has my improved energy, skin, and health in general.
I know that not everyone agrees with veganism or a plant-based diet, but eating more fruits and vegetables is not a detriment to one’s health.
Here are some of the facts/benefits of high fruit consumption!
- Most fruits are naturally low in fat and sodium.
- Fruits are sources of many essential nutrients that are under-consumed, including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate.
- Diets rich in potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Dietary fiber from fruits helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease. Fiber is important for proper bowel function. Also, helps the stomach feel full for longer.
- Vitamin C is important for growth and repair of all body tissues, helps heal cuts and wounds, and keeps teeth and gums healthy.
- Folate (folic acid) helps the body form red blood cells.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits may reduce risk for heart disease.
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits may protect against certain types of cancers.
- Diets rich in foods containing fiber, such as vegetables and fruits, may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Eating vegetables and fruits rich in potassium may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
I hope this post was useful. Thanks for reading!
Social Media ♥
Check out Best Life Herbals
*My blog contains affiliate links, however this doesn’t change my opinion.