Let me tell you about this recipe…it’s amazing! Sorry about tooting my own horn, but you need these crepes in your life. This is the first time I have made the vegan version and I can’t tell a difference!
Pin This ↓♥
The recipe is essentially a combination of multiple vegan crepe recipes. So here are the details.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: A few minutes on each side | Total: 15 minutes.
Serves: 1-2 people (makes 6 small crepes)
- 1/2 cup water.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, coconut oil, or vegan butter.
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar.
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup.
- 1 cup oat flour or all-purpose flour.
- Pinch of salt.
- Blend together rolled oats to make oat flour.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl (doesn’t have to be in any particular order).
- The mixture shouldn’t have any lumps and shouldn’t be thick nor runny (somewhere in between).
- If you have the time, you can chill the mixture for 30 minutes and that makes it easier to spoon into the skillet.
- Heat skillet with 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil on medium heat.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into heated skillet and flatten so the crepe doesn’t turn out too thick.
- Flip after a few minutes or when edges turn a light brown. Both sides should be golden brown.
- I used fruit and peanut butter.
- Inside I put peanut butter and raspberry preserves. This would also be good with a creamy filling.
- If you want more savory crepes, then you can omit the coconut sugar.
- I don’t notice a difference between using olive oil or vegan butter or coconut oil.
- When greasing the skillet, do not overdo it because it can make the crepes too oily.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. I don’t know why it took me so long to make vegan crepes. It’s nice to have something more decadent for breakfast every once in a while. Thanks for reading!
*These photos belong to me, if you want to use them please credit me. Thanks for stopping by! This post is NOT sponsored, however I am affiliated with iHerb and I do earn a small commission if you decide to use my link.