This is something that sounds complicated, but really this recipe is incredibly easy. I make peanut noodles whenever I need a quick meal that is very filling and nutritious. This recipe is plant-based of course, but carnivores will also like this. I used a meat substitute, but that is not even necessary.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1/2 package of rice noodles or preferred noodle.
- 1/2 yellow onion.
- 1 cup of spinach.
- 1/2 bag of frozen stir fry vegetables or…
- 1 cup of broccoli.
- 1 carrot.
- A handful of mushrooms.
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas.
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional).
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional).
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Reduced sodium soy sauce.
- Vegan friendly peanut sauce (store-bought).
- To make your own. Mix together (until desired texture) soy sauce, seasonings, peanut butter, tahini, and lemon juice.
- Seitan or meat alternative (optional).
- Cook noodles according to package directions. For mine, I boiled water and added in the noodles. I reduced to low heat and covered the pot and cooked the noodles for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Heat oil or water in a skillet on medium heat. Add in minced garlic and onion and optional meat alternative. When those are brown, add in the mixed vegetables. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Prepare sauce mixture and add to the vegetables.
- When noodles are soft, drain water and mix in with the vegetable mixture.
- Add more sauce if you see fit and that is all!
- I actually prefer my own peanut sauce instead of store-bought, but either will work.
- If you want to make this more authentic, you can add in sea vegetables and more spicy elements.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Let me know if you try this recipe.
Pin It ↓
* This is NOT a sponsored post. All photos were taken by me. I am affiliated with iHerb.com , however my opinions are not influenced by this. I do receive a small commission if you choose to use my link.
Social Media ♥
Check out these other posts!