This summer has made me so nostalgic. I have especially been thinking about foods I used to eat in the summertime. For me, summer reminds me of family barbecues. At these barbecues, people bring all sorts of dishes covered in mayonnaise. This could be tuna salad, potato salad, chicken salad, crab salad, etc. The way I describe it sounds so gross, but since being vegan I have missed some of these dishes.
I have learned that garbanzo beans or chickpeas can often serve as a mock meat. That’s why it works so great for recipes like these.
- 1 can of garbanzo beans drained.
- 1-3 tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise.
- 1 tablespoon of mustard.
- 1 rib of celery chopped.
- 1/4 of red onion.
- Season to taste.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 tsp Garlic powder.
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Old Bay seasoning.
- Tortillas or bread.
- Romaine lettuce.
- Mash chickpeas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the mayonnaise and mustard as well as the seasonings you choose.
- Mix everything together with a fork.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Assemble wrap/sandwich.
- You can use a food processor if you want a finer mixture.
- You can also use whatever seasonings you want. You can adjust the mayo/mustard mixture also.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Thanks for reading!