Asian Inspired Tempeh Salad
A salad that is actually filling! This is a salad that incorporates elements of stir fry and an Asian inspired tempeh marinade. Full of whole foods and incredibly tasty.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 3-4 cups desired lettuce I used spinach and green leaf
- 1 package tempeh
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 cup broccoli can use frozen
- 1 tbsp tahini + water and lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil or cooking spray
For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce can use coconut aminos or tamari.
- 1 tsp maple syrup can use agave
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
Slice tempeh and boil in water for a few minutes. Then, prepare the marinade. Place slices of tempeh in a bag or bowl with the marinade and leave for about 30 minutes.
Chop lettuce and place in a bowl. Drizzle tahini and lemon juice over the salad.
While waiting on the marinade, steam/microwave the broccoli. Slice onions and mushrooms and saute them over medium heat. Once onions and mushrooms are browned, transfer them to the salad bowl.
Place the tempeh slices in a skillet and cook over medium heat. Cook until browned on both sides. Pour extra marinade either in the skillet or on top of the salad.
Place cooked slices of tempeh on top of the salad. Eat and enjoy!
- If you want the salad to be cold, place in the refrigerator before eating.
- You do not need to use tahini as a salad dressing, you can use whatever you prefer.
- Feel free to top the salad with vegan-friendly croutons or something with a crunch.
- If you are using frozen vegetables defrost them before sauteing.